BRAIN: Re: Fwd: Brain Surgeons camphone pictures

Tue Feb 22 08:06:45 EST 2005

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> On 12-Feb-2005 17:46, Paul Mather wrote:
> > Was anyone taping?  (Do the Brain Surgeons allow taping?)
>
> Dunno!  But no one was taping as far as I know -- the taping thing still
> seems to be pretty unknown in Britain, and a lot of artists I've seen
> still regard it as a way to lose revenue to bootleggers instead of as a
> marketing tool to suck in unsuspecting new fans via free live stuff ;)

        Any live video of that gig would have to be quite carefully
treated before the venue's centre-stage sign with scarlet
lettering forbidding taping, videoing or photography (ahem) wasn't really
really obvious ;-) Yours,
                          Jon (who has meanwhile convinced two recovered
freaks who last saw Hawkwind in 1971 to go and see the Nikwind gig there
in April :-) )

ObCD: The Wellwater Conspiracy - _Declaration of Conformity_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)