OFF: Anubian Lights

Wed Feb 23 14:20:40 EST 2005

On Sun, 20 Feb 2005, Dr. T. wrote:

        <snip Anubian Lights stuff>

> Looks like new re-vamped Farflung web site too, and some new news there
> (comp collection releases coming).
>
> Already ordered the new one from amazony

        Sorry to ignore almost all your content here, but where is this
Farflung website of which you speak? Has Tommy finally got the old domain
off Buck McGibbony? Or do you mean www.farflung.org? Only i have to tell
you, the news page there hasn't been modified since December 2003 and I
don't believe any of those plans have come to anything...

        I heard about the new Anubian Lights because a track from it got
played on the no-longer-actually-John-Peel show on Radio 1 not so long ago
and someone I knew was listening and alerted me to new happenings. Seems
like that's all Tommy's doing these days? Which is a real shame as (and
here I agree with you) his brand of spacerock is very much one of the few
directions in which the whole genre is still moving... Yours,
                                                              Jon

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)