NIK: Roadburn festival

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Sun Jan 16 12:02:16 EST 2005

Hey all...

The lineup for that one-dayer Roadburn fest in Holland (Tilburn, Sa.
9.4.05...that's April 9th to you Amis) is apparently close to being
finalized.  After apparently not managing to get Hawkwind to come, they've
now settled on Nik's Space Ritual unit as headliner, which might still be
interesting to see (at least once, to judge for myself, and apparently, they
occasionally play good gigs...and even the 'bad' ones with Nik are still
usually fun for me, as celebrating Hawkwind music in whatever form can't be
entirely bad, no matter how imperfectly played).  Anyway, the stronger
reason for going might be the inclusion of other good bands in the lineup,
like Litmus for starters.  But also, there's some heavier stuff (not that
Litmus isn't damn heavy themselves) like Electric Wizard, Brant Bjork
(Kyuss/Fu Manchu vet.) and some other familiar names (though I haven't heard
them myself) like Alabama Thunderpussy and Josiah.  Oh, yeah, and Jon
Jarrett was telling me about this Gorilla band...now I'd like to hear more
about them, if he (or anybody else) would indulge me.  And any words about
the other acts that I haven't already mentioned would be helpful as well.

Lineup...see roadburn.com for more details.
NIK TURNER'S SPACE RITUAL
BRANT BJORK & THE BROS
ASTROSONIQ
LITMUS