SLOTERDIJK & One Eyed Bishops news + a new arrival & Michael Moorcock soundscape

Burro Mike sloterdijk at MSN.COM
Tue Jan 18 23:27:47 EST 2005

Greetings friends,
Some of you may have noticed that I've been a bit more 'low profile' lately.
Well, I just became a parent ( for the first time ) on January 7th, and then
spent 5 days in hospital with my wife before going home and becoming
'sleepless'. Alexander Guiseppe Burro is now the new boss at my place, as
I've always thought babies are 'hard wired' to control their parents ( and
not vice versa ).
Although this new arrival will no doubt restructure many of my activities,
there is still some news to report on the musical front.

1. The OEB show at the 'Five Spot' in Philadelphia, scheduled for Saturday,
March 19th has been cancelled, due to a dodgy booking agent. I still plan to
get out and play as much as possible from late April on, and will of course
pass any dates on as they arrive.Any one wishing to book the band or
Sloterdijk, please contact us directly at: sloterdijk at msn.com

2. A new double live OEB cd will be available in about a week. The title is
'Spirit of the Wood'          ( Live in England 2004) . This is a chronicle
of the best bits from the shows we did in England last summer, and includes
the entire set played at 'Celebration Fest' ( sponsored by Assassins of
Silence ). There are also segmants from our shows in Barnet, and
Southampton. Soon, I'll send out a complete list of titles and personnel,
along with order information. There are 15 songs in all, and these are
without a doubt the best quality live recordings of the band to date. Colin
Allen, Kev Ellis & myself all had a hand in the recordings, so I think many
of you will enjoy it. Just a few players who appear on the discs are, Paul
Hirsh ( Status Quo, Voyager ), Phil Smith ( Headsmith, Ethereal
Counterbalance ), Bob Taylor ( Top Topham band ), Kev Ellis ( Acousticatz,
Dr. Brown ) , and a host of other seasoned UK blues and rock players.

3. Sloterdijk was recently honored to be part of the Michael Moorcock Audio
Art Project which was created as a gift to Mike for his recent 65th
Birthday. I highly encourage you to check it out, as you can download it for
free by simply registering on the Michael Moorcock Multiverse site for
FREE!!! There are many familiar spacerockers on the soundscape, as well as
my good friend Don Craine, leader of the 'Downliners Sect'. All the relevent
URLs are below..

the Michael Moorcock Audio Art Soundscape
project.

The MMAAS site has recently been updated:
http://www.horse-balloon.co.uk/mmaas

An MP3 of the Soundscape is available here:
http://www.multiverse.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3

A Screensaver of our Multimedia show (for PC's) here:
http://www.multiverse.org/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=11

Discussion of the project is welcome on our site or on Mike's site:
http://www.multiverse.org/postt1901.html

So here's hoping you all had a good new year, and that 2005 will be a great
one for all!!!

                        All the very best...Mike Burro

http://www.freewebs.com/oebs
http://www.soundclick.com/sloterdijk