OFF: Aural Innovations Radio: MUSHROOM Special

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Sun Jan 23 08:23:43 EST 2005

http://Aural-Innovations.com

January 23, 2005: NEW RADIO SHOWS

Were you wondering what happened to us? I had some major computer problems
after the holidays and finally had to bite the bullet and buy a new one. But
we're back in action so expect lots of new radio shows in the weeks to come.
Also, I'm working on a MAJOR expansion of the Aural Innovations mail order
catalog, with lots of imported ("imported" to those of you in the US) CD's &
LP's, and the ability to accept credit cards (not just through Paypal). Stay
tuned... I hope to have that ready to go by late February.

We've just uploaded new shows from Aural Innovations Space Rock Radio (show
#118), which is an all Mushroom special, and The Ear-Relevant Music Hoedown
(show #34), which is an all pfMENTUM label special. See the playlists below.
You can go directly to the Radio shows page at:
http://aural-innovations.com/radio/radio.html

Aural Innovations Space Rock Radio (show #118): MUSHROOM Special

Mushroom are a San Francisco based band that play an exciting blend of
psychedelia, krautrock, jazz, soul and progressive rock. Their music is
mostly instrumental and all improvised, though they also excel at covering
classic songs from the 70's. Two years ago we did our first Mushroom special
(show #19 on The Ear-Relevant Music Hoedown), which is still available to
hear. That show featured selections from the first several Mushroom albums.
This new two part show is EXTRA special because in addition to tracks from
the latest Mushroom album, Glazed Popems, it also includes commentary from
Mushroom drummer and band leader Pat Thomas who shares several UNRELEASED
tracks from the Mushroom archives, including live performances with Daevid
Allen, Kevin Ayers and Pete Brown (of Cream fame).

Mushroom - "The Beards Are Back In Town" (from Glazed Popems)
Pat Thomas Band - "untitled jam" (Köln, Germany, 5/19/96, with Erik Pearson)
Kevin Ayers & Mushroom - "Lady Rachel" (San Francisco, CA, 5/24/98)
Mushroom - "The Pusher" (from Mad Dogs & San Franciscans)
Mushroom - "live improv" (San Rafael, CA, 1/11/02)
Mushroom with Pete Brown -"Theme From An Imaginary Western"
Mushroom - "Isle Of Wight" (from Glazed Popems)
Daevid Allen's University of Errors - "Why Are We Sleeping?" (Berkeley, CA,
7/17/99)
Mushroom - "L'auberge" (from Glazed Popems)
Mushroom - "Use Me" (unreleased studio track)
Mushroom - "A Song Of Remembrance For A Time When Wife Swapping Was
Considered Politically Correct" (from Analog Hi-Fi Surprise)
Mushroom - "The Reeperbahn" (San Francisco, CA, 5/24/98)
Mushroom - "Tonight Let's All Make Love In Oakland" (from Glazed Popems)

The Ear-Relevant Music Hoedown (show #34): pfMENTUM Label Special

The Ear-Relevant Music Hoedown was created to give an audio spotlight to the
exciting improvisational, experimental, and general avant-garde rock & jazz
we received in the Aural Innovations mailbox. On this show we feature music
from the pfMENTUM label. pfMENTUM is based in Ventura, CA and run by trumpet
player and composer Jeff Kaiser, and features a variety of exciting
free-improv and challenging music. Visit their web site at www.pfmentum.com.

The Jeff Kaiser Ockodektet - "A Thousand of my Father's Most Subtle
Syllogisms" (from 13 Themes for a Triskaidekaphoic)
Steuart Liebig - tracks 2 & 12 (from Minim)
Steuart Liebig/The Mentones - "Nowhere Calling" (from Locustland)
Eric Barber - "Inner Conversation" (from Maybeck Constructions)
Dottie Grossman & Michael Vlatkovich - "Henny Youngman Poems" (from Call And
Response)
Rich West - "Friends of the Vacuum" (from Bedouin Hornbook)
Dottie Grossman & Michael Vlatkovich - "Six Short Cat Poems" (from Call And
Response)
Many Axes - "Drama Dairy" (from 2 Many Axes)
Brad Dutz & John Holmes - "Tribute to Elvin" (from My Bongo)
The Jeff Kaiser Ockodektet with the Diaz-Infante Sextet- "Suite Solutio:
Part IV" (from split CD with The Ojai Camerata and Diaz-Infante Sextet)
Dottie Grossman & Michael Vlatkovich - "Two About Geography" (from Call And
Response)
Tiner-Phillips-Schoenbeck Trio - "Clocks and Maps" (from Breathe In, Feed Out)

http://Aural-Innovations.com