Recommendations please

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Jan 26 05:44:48 EST 2005

On 26-Jan-2005 03:16, Mike Montfort wrote:
> Electric Teepee
> Space Ritual
> Levitation
> Astounding
> Chronicles Live
> Warrior

I will definitely add a word of support for _Electric Teepee_. IMO, it's
one of the strongest latter-day Hawkwind albums. "LSD", "The Secret
Agent", "Mask of Morning", "Sadness Runs Deep", and "Right to Decide"
are all quite solid tracks, and even the "Snake Dance" instrumental has
a good vibe.  Admittedly the rest of the album is chalked up as being
pretty much filler in my book -- but five good tracks is not at all bad
as these things go!  I've often thought you could make a _really_ great
album by taking those and putting them together with the other
highlights of Hawkwind's '90s output :)

Cheers,
Carl

--