OFF: Doctor Who, how was it?

Tony tony.orourke at TALK21.COM
Fri Jul 1 04:05:13 EDT 2005

For those of you in the UK, there's an excellent article on KLF in this
month's Q magazine, the one with Oasis on the cover (again!)
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Drill
Sent: 01 July 2005 07:20
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: OFF: Doctor Who, how was it?

On 6/30/05, Bill Bradley <senator at regurgitate.ugcs.caltech.edu> wrote:
> >  Anyone know that KLF Dr. Who football song?
>
>         That'd be Gary Glitter's "Rock and Roll Part 2" done as "The
> Timelords"
> (one of the KLF's alter egos, like the JAMS) called Doctorin' the Tardis.
> The CD single (which I have right here) also includes Gary Joins the JAMS
> with Gary Glitter.
>
>         Bill

I can't believe some of the stuff they do I got Doctorin the Tardis
yes from Kazaa and it's probably te most confusing thing for other
people in my house to hear me listening too. Burning 1 million pounds,
recording que sera with the Red Army Chorus. Or the SovRAC as I call
them Actually the best concert I've ever been to in my life was when
they performed at Mechanics hall in Worcester, about 90 people on
stage including the sword dancers, cover was $12, I think I have all
ther album releases actually and just imagine that there was furious
standing applause and cheering in the middle of some of their songs.
I've gotten mp3s of them with the Leningrad Cowboys, Space Tractor
could be my top pick. And the Chorus has been recording their own
albums since I think 1968. They improved constantly and especially
when they adopted female singers. The show I went to their sound was
pretty close that of the "Kalinka!" album.