HW: Litmus Gig

Drill drill.0010.1011.1100 at GMAIL.COM
Sun Jul 3 16:46:31 EDT 2005

On 7/1/05, Carl Edlund Anderson <cea at carlaz.com> wrote:
> That was excellent :)  A few quick notes before I embark on the
> highly rock'n'roll activity of going on holiday with my mother-in-
> law .... ;)
>
> A lineup of guitar/bass/drums/ and 2 electronic noise makers --

I've got some vacuum tube oscillators, once with some added circuitry
I made I tried to contribute to a performance of Sonic attack at a
show where my friends band opened for Wesley Willis! They would NOT
have it though, bourgeouis conservative spacerock posers that lot. The
band was Automind, named after a cartoon character I use in animation,
named of course after the Automind that sets landing coordinates on th
eplanet Medusa. Sigh. It's prety hard not to have a neat light show
with a few video projectors, digital projectors almost ubiquitous
nowadays along with $15 strobe lights but you can do so much more than
that, this equipment has some obvious limitations say in luminosity
for one thing. And a $2000 projector is more likely in the hands of
someone doing business presentations or someone with money to throw
around and wants a home theater to impress their friends. (ask them if
they'll let you use it for a show down the street--- NO IT'S MINE!). I
shoplifted my projector and early on lent it to subhuman intelligences
who of course wouldn't drive it back over to my place and in a year
they burned out the lamp playing video games. Never got to use it
myself really, I needed it because it had better synchronization than
a monitor for the animation I was doing (that I AM doing when I have
the video peripheral to correctly see what I draw).

Any light show needs people to execute it, and I find that righteously
commendable no matter what. If I can be motivated (I need a girlfriend
with the free time to push me around! This is key I think and I'm
working on it.) I can do safe indoor pyrotechnical awesomeness using
materials emptied from fireworks and my neon sign transformer, and
various lenses and reflectors. And other things, but that's just an
example of something cool looking that diverges from your "average"
amalgamted video projector setup. The solar fire lightshow was KILLER
at Strange Daze 99 or 2000 in Ohio, which ever one I was at. The one
where the punk rockers were dancing to Nik's solo rendition of "in the
mood". Rock on. If I win the 7Up first ordinary human in space
contest... you don't even want to know what I'm gonna do. I'll have to
find my lost human counterpart to win though. Then rendezvous with the
others once in orbit.

--
Rotary Clench Mars Human Exchange & Suicide Program

- Kill All Humans