Philip Dick

Mon Jul 4 14:23:11 EDT 2005

> >On 6/30/05, Rich <cosmicdolphin at comcast.net> wrote:
> >> PKD actually saw a screening of the full movie (without the voiceover
> >> crap) not just a few scenes. And reportedly did like what he saw.

        I've never managed to see the original version. I'd just about
become aware of the film when the Director's Cut came out, and since then
I've been unable to catch the original anywhere. The fact that nobody
seems to think this is a bad thing has stopped me tracking it down on
video or suchlike. Am I right in believing that the Director's Cut, as
well as losing the `voiceover crap', also loses the soundtrack? I've
always wondered if that was a loss or not.

        On-topic link: this means the only place I've ever heard the
Bladerunner theme is just before BÖC take the stage :-) Yours,
                                                                Jonathan

ObCD: Gorilla - _Gorilla_
--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."