OFF: Philip Dick

Thu Jul 14 08:07:29 EDT 2005

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005, Paul Mather wrote:

> Jon Jarrett wrote:
> >        I've never managed to see the original version. I'd just about
> >become aware of the film when the Director's Cut came out, and since then
> >I've been unable to catch the original anywhere. The fact that nobody
> >seems to think this is a bad thing has stopped me tracking it down on
> >video or suchlike. Am I right in believing that the Director's Cut, as
> >well as losing the `voiceover crap', also loses the soundtrack? I've
> >always wondered if that was a loss or not.
>
> I saw the Director's cut fairly recently, and it has a soundtrack.  It's
> atmospheric, unlike the jarring soundtracks of many modern films, so it
> might be easy to think one was not present. :-)

        I do remember incidental music, but didn't notce it being
continuous enough to be a soundtrack as such. All semantics I guess :-)

> >        On-topic link: this means the only place I've ever heard the
> >Bladerunner theme is just before BÖC take the stage :-) Yours,
>
> Don't BOC play the end titles music?

        I've not seen either for too long to be able to answer that :-(
Yours,
       Jon

ObCD: Radiohead - _OK Computer_
--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."