HW: why was Roadhawks never released on CD?

Ian Jeffcock ianjeffcock at PACIFIC.NET.SG
Thu Jul 14 11:26:55 EDT 2005

Been meaning to ask this on the list for a while:
does anyone know why Roadhawks never made it out on CD?

Roadhawks was the first Hawkwind album that I bought.
Though I've got all the tracks elsewhere on CD probably many
times over, I still prefer the running order and the way that
tracks are segued together on Roadhawks.
I mean, we have the UA Masters Of The Universe compilation
on CD which in my opinion is not as good a compilation,
also Stasis, so why no Roadhawks? Anyone got any idea?
Surely there are tons of fans like me who'd jump at the chance
to get this on CD!

Cheers,
Ian.