OFF: Aural Innovations: New Radio Shows & Mail Order Goodies

Jerry Kranitz jkranitz at AURAL-INNOVATIONS.COM
Sat Jul 16 09:17:08 EDT 2005

http://Aural-Innovations.com

July 17, 2005: NEW RADIO SHOWS & MAIL ORDER GOODIES

We've just uploaded new shows from Aural Innovations Space Rock Radio (show
#132), Alchemical Radio (show #93), Lo Finest (show #2), and Drool Trough
(show #33). You can go directly to the Radio shows page at:
http://aural-innovations.com/radio/radio.html

MAIL ORDER NEWS: New in stock this week is the outstanding debut full length
CD by British Space Rock/Psych/Prog band The Future Kings Of England. We've
also got the just released (by Camera Obscura) solo CD by pop-psych master
Øyvind Holm of the Dipsomaniacs. Some of these tracks sound like they would
have fit quite comfortably on the Beatles "Rubber Soul" album. Finally,
we've got the latest set of ass stomping rock n roll from The Atomic
Bitchwax. You can go directly to our online store at:
http://aural-innovations.com/store

NOTE: The Spacious Mind will be performing at the ProgDay Festival in Chapel
Hill, North Carolina over Labor Day weekend. For more information visit
www.progday.com. The band are seeking performance opportunities before and
after Labor Day. If you can help or offer suggestions, email the band
directly at: info at countrymanrecords.com

Aural Innovations Space Rock Radio (show #132)

Nog Cavanagh - "Scorpia Mossmoon" (from Everything Leads To Here)
La Ira de Dios – “La Senal” (from Hacia el Sol Rojo)
Rainer Neef – “Quarking Lightgnom II” (from Tango Day On Jupiter)
The JFK Jr. Royal Airforce – “Unhinged” (from Androids)
The Brian Wilson Shock Treatment – “The Guiding Hand of Psyche” (from The
Secret Power of the Third Eye)
Mummies of the Insane – “Milkyway Milkshake” (from Mummies of the Insane)
Floorian – “Siafu” (from Alive: No Token Need Volume 3)
Alien Dream – “When Yin Met Yang” (from Lucid Dream)
Instant Flight – “Flowers On My Grave” (from Colours & Lights)
Sun Zoom Spark – “Long Day’s Journey Into Tonight” (from Saturn Return)
The Spacious Mind – track 4 (from Rotvälta)
The Carpet Knights – “Feel It” (from Lost And So Strange Is My Mind)
Radiomöbel – “E-matt” (from Gudang Garam)

Alchemical Radio (show #93)

Alchemical Radio is produced by our friends Terri~B and The Reverend Rabbit
from the Stone Premonitions label, and features some of the best
Psychedelia, Progressive Rock, Metal, and adventurous Pop that the
underground has to offer. Visit the Stone Premonitions web site at
http://aural-innovations.com/stonepremonitions

Space Debris – "Nuff & Nunner"
Steve Tallis – "Crow Magick"
Strangers On A Train – "Shine"
Superczar – "You & Me"
Charles Rice Goff III – "Svelte Attenuation"
Symphony In Demeanor – "Lonely Fool"
Thaddeus Hogarth – "If It Ain’t Slow"
The Cosh – "Show Business"
Times 4 – "Uncle Funker"
Twisterbait – "Let’s Go Shopping"
857 – "Banned-Aid"
Anticage – "While"
Arms Of Kismet – "Pinnacle Of Same"
Attila Jelinek – "Discovery"
Bob Pyle – "Petunia The Pig"

Lo Finest (show #2)

Lo Finest is a program dedicated to the appreciation of homemade recordings
that were made and distributed on cassette tapes during the 1980s and 90s,
hosted by veteran home recording artist Charles Rice Goff III. Thousands of
sonic artists were cranking out cassettes all over the world during the 80s
and 90s.  The whole cassette explosion took place long before people had
home computers, the internet, email, mp3s, and all that.  People found out
about hometapers by reading various publications that offered reviews of
tapes, by listening to those rare radio broadcasts that would feature home
tapes, by sending a letter to a contact address that had been printed on one
of the many compilation cassettes that were created and distributed during
this period, etc.  Most hometapers were not approaching their craft as a
means to achieving economic success, and this allowed for some incredibly
free thinking endeavors to be realized.  Trading tapes was common, offering
a sort of sonic cultural exchange that had never really been possible before
the age of inexpensive home recording technology.

Amy Denio – “Sax Sextet” (from No Elevators)
C. Goff III show introduction
Bene Gesserit – “Pussy Pussy” (from Hit The Road Cat)
Histatic Charge – “Too Many Cats In The Kitchen” (from Why Do I Always Hafta
Do The Dishes?)
Quintet De L’art – “Medley” (from untitled tapes)
360 Sound – “Cold Start” (from Drowning In A Pool Of Our Own Ignorance)
C. Goff III babble (backed by “Pleasure” excerpt from Etat Des Stocks)
Disism – “2 X 2” (from New Hippies Volume 14)
Evolution Control Committee – “Mighty Hamburger” (from Gunderphonic)
Evolution Control Committee – “The Acid Family” (from Gunderphonic)
Buzzsaw – “The Paper Race” (excerpts from The Paper Race)
C. Goff III babble (backed by another “Pleasure” excerpt from Etat Des Stocks)
Next Radio – “Even Adam” (from the Albigensian Sortie)
Aioi Usui Tadashi – “A Birthmark On The Back Of The Right Hand” (from
Lasered Eye)
Onnyk – “Grossed Out” (from Insane Music For Insane People Volume 22)
Frontline Assembly – “Thy Glory” (from Insane Music For Insane People Volume 25)
C. Goff III babble (backed by yet another “Pleasure” excerpt from Etat Des
Stocks)

Drool Trough (show #33)

Neon – “Computer Fair” (from Sign Of The Time)
Rainer Neef – “Space Robot Surf” (from Tango Day On Jupiter)
Eric Terdjman – “Devil’s” (from Rebirth)
Yesterday's Thoughts - "If I Had Some Marijuana" (from Let's Take A Ride With
)
Lee Miller – “Eavesdropping” (from The Futility of Language)
DJ Get Yo Fat On – “A L E N FRO (from Fat Country)
The JFK Jr. Royal Airforce – “ Positron” (from Androids)
Mummies of the Insane – “Everything That’s True” (from Mummies of the Insane)
The Brian Wilson Shock Treatment – “The Land of Eternal Shadow” (from The
Secret Power of the Third Eye)
Pilotos – “Blond Guy” (from Promo 2005)
Sun Zoom Spark – “Silent Hearts Decline Your Invitation” (from Saturn Return)
Elaine Lachica – “Diving Reflex” (from Apolune)
Furgastedman – “Dominus Dom Deluise” (from Furgastedman)
Doctor Dunbar’s Medicine Band – “Need To Get” (from Doctor Dunbar’s Medicine
Band)
The People – track 1 (from Vol. II)
Planet Janet – “A Moderate World” (from When Al Met Rita)
The Black Halos – “Burning Trash” (From Alive Without Control)
Holy Frog – “More Than A Nickel” (from from My By Self)
Sumitra – “Destiny 2001” (from Indian Girl)

http://Aural-Innovations.com