NIK: HW: Burg Herzberg etc.

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Thu Jul 21 09:42:17 EDT 2005

Keith Henderson writes:

> Oh...I can't believe I totally forgot to mention the 'dancer.' Another
> thing that Space Ritual has TOTALLY gotten wrong.  I mean, we all know
> that Stacia was famous for dancing onstage with Hawkwind in a little
> less than nothing, but (not having ever see> n any video
> footage...only photos) I always imagined that it was rather in the
> guise of being some kind of 'Earth Goddess' - or something that wasn't
> about being a sex object

Well I know a few people who were around 14 at the time and I think "sex
object" would pretty much cover their views accurately. Outside of
people still hankering over the good old days of Dworkin, McKinnon, and
Claire Short's anti-Sun rants, I think that can be a Good Thing.

> But irregardless, the dancer Nik has hired rated a big fat ZERO on the
> scale of originality and artistry.  I mean, how hard was it for her to
> watch Showgirls one or two times, then go out and buy a handful of
> cheap, vinyl plastic fetish outfits at the loc> al Beate Uhse (or
> whatever they have in the UK for such purposes)

Ann Summers I guess?

> and then practice slipping them on and off in a short time.

It's always worked for me, but you have to remember to buy the little
vial of oil too...

> I mean, you could almost
> predict the next outfit to appear.  OK, there's the slutty nurses
> outfit, next will be the French Maid > uniform (yep, there it
> is!)...then, no joke, it's the Catholic Nun habit!

What? No schoolgirl uniform? They're trying to get a gig at Pentrich
aren't they?

> Woo...I'm soooo turned on, I forgot how horrible the music was there
> for a second.

> Give me a break, Nik...that was just beneath you.  You're making a
> mockery of the HW name now.  "Please stop, Nik...Nik, will you stop?
> My brain is going, I can feel it.  Stop, Nik.  Will you please stop,
> Nik?"

Daisy. D...a....i....s....y. "I'm sorry Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that."

Well, I guess I'll be finding out for myself at Wickerman...

FoFP