NIK: HW: Burg Herzberg etc.

Drill drill.0010.1011.1100 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jul 21 12:33:03 EDT 2005

On 7/21/05, Keith Henderson <khenders64 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> [...]
>
> Give me a break, Nik...that was just beneath you.  You're making a mockery of the HW name now.  "Please stop, Nik...Nik, will you stop?  My brain is going, I can feel it.  Stop, Nik.  Will you please stop, Nik?"
>
> I'm sorry to be so hyperbolic about someone who I had long since forgiven for the nonsense of the '83-'84 years ('Shove it in at the front, shit it out at the back'), since although he had hardly created enough new music to fill a single CD in twenty years, he was still performing around the world (including the US, where little HW can be heard on stage these days) and doing some justice to the HW name and his own legacy.  But now he's gone and thrown it all away again in an instant (in my mind) with this new ridiculous scheme that has virtually no (musical) legitimacy and is also downright embarrassing with the selling of a tactless 'sex kitten' dancer as eye candy.
>
> The current two Hawkwind dancers are phenomenal IMHO, and do really well-choreographed routines that show a lot of artistry, creativity and linkages with the music.  And at Middlesbrough, Nottingham, and Loreley, they had *new* routines each and every time.  And were excellent at Loreley despite the fact that somebody forgot to bring all their costumes along.  The Spirit of the Age routine with them hanging from the rafters beginning from a cocoon-like state at the outset was really excellent.  I hope they stay around for the next few years at least.  In any case, what a huge difference between those two and this classless girl that Nik has hired.
>
> I should say that the audience for Space Ritual was about the same as for Hawkwind last year, even though their stage time was 1:30-3:30 and Hawkwind played at something like 11:45-1:15 last year.  But that was mainly due to the fact that the overall crowd at BH'05 was much larger, so *all* the bands had more spectators this year relative to the same time slots as at '04.  And yes, there were plenty of German fans that obviously very much enjoyed Space Ritual, and quite a few men obviously weren't so put off by the dancer as I was.  But you should note that quite a few in the audience were also incredibly drunk.  :)
>
> Well, enough of my soapbox...I am not happy to be here writing such diatribe...I would always prefer to write well of all the artists I pay to see, but I have to be honest and say what I feel.
>
> I'm also sorry that I use this awful Yahoo email software, that seems to have a very hard time putting in linebreaks for some people.  I apologize for that, and would be very happy if someone could tell me how to avoid that, so people don't have to scroll off to the right six or seven miles per paragraph.  (Can't we go back to using simple DOS-ASCII email systems, like we had in 1990?...they were so much better, I'm not kidding.

Hell yeah! I kept using a terrible email service for years just
because they'd let me log in through  TELNET. HELO. USER. PASS. OK
HELO READ YOUR MAIL NOW BUT IN 10 YEARS NO ONE WILL WANT TO LEARN HOW
TO DO THIS ANYMORE.

Gmail is excellent to me and they don't screw around, ever so far. The
only problem I had earlier on was logging in with a dated Mac system
and I quickly found a version of Firefox that would click through.
Since then (gmail's still officially in beta testing) they've I think
made a way through with POP3 and a more skeletal HTML version of their
webmail. Give it a try, hardly even what you'd call a form to fill
out.

There's another universe where you can watch live ascii video at 12000
baud, Tesla returned to earth and is 30 meters high and made out of
lightning, and the world's flag is the splitte crow.

No attachment files, but we don't use those for mailing lists and
USENET anyway.  I don't use USENET anymore, 'cause it's all rubbish,
but...)

--
Rotary Clench Mars Human Exchange & Suicide Program

- Kill All Humans