NIK - Space Ritual

GutterCat at AOL.COM GutterCat at AOL.COM
Thu Jul 21 14:17:57 EDT 2005

alan.taylor96 at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK writes:

It's a  load of old dreck.  It beggars belief that some still think that
this  5 or 6/7ths-ish of the original band can legitmately lay claim to
the  Hawkwind name.  To hell with the 'true spirit of Hawkwind', I'm  with
Brock Davey and Chadwick all the way.

I guess it's for people stuck in the past who firmly believe that "those
were the days".
What I keep telling people who ask me about Hawkwind is about posts to the
lists when they are on tour. That people have been seeing them for over 30
years  and those people are saying that the gig they have just seen was the best.
One  in particular had seen them in SR days and said that the last tour was
better  for him.
Losts of people come to me asking about the band when they see my tee
shirts. Usual question is "Are they still going?" Or "Are they still alive?" if
it's a recent shirt.
They leave more knowledgable than they were before they asked.

I was on my way for a train last weekend, jusr crossing the road when I saw
a bloke walking in my direction on the side I was just crossing from. He was
wearing the very same shirt that I was!!!
That has NEVER happened outside of a concert. I crossed back and spoke to
him, but guess what? For some reason he wasn't very coherent.

Looking to the future!

Steve.