NIK - Space Ritual

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Fri Jul 22 01:04:36 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-07-21 at 17:08 -0400, Stephe wrote:
> Hi Paul, never got into the dead scene, so I can't relate to what your
> saying.

I never got into the Dead scene, too, so I can't relate to what I'm
saying, either. :-)  (It was just the closest analogy I could come up
with to what people were complaining about re: Space Ritual.)

>  Space ritual has been around since 2000 if memory serves me right.
> Heard a few gigs, which weren't that great, but I enjoyed. The setlist
> hasn't changed a whole lot over the years. Ho hum!!! Don't think I will pay
> $1000 to fly over to europe to see them play. I would do it for Brock + co.

If I had any idea what Brock Ltd. sounded like these days, I might agree
with you.  (Stupid trading policy eliminates any chance of that,
though.)  Sure, there have been some glowing reviews lately, but I've
learnt over the years that a lot of hyperbole passes across this list[*]
regarding gigs, so it's best to take things with a handful of salt
before slapping down the $1000... :-)

Cheers,

Paul.

[*] Though I have found the esteemed Mr. Jarrett to be brutally reliable
a lot of the time.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu

"See this note I've got here in my hand?
 It says I've lost my gig to a tribute band."
     --- The Bevis Frond, "The Wind Blew All Around Me"