The true sprit of Hawkwind

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Fri Jul 22 10:37:09 EDT 2005

On 22/07/2005 15:21, Paul Mather wrote:
> Maybe the lesson to be taken away from all of
> this is that Lemmy has a free pass to play an oldies set whenever he
> wants, but not Nik.:)

But Lemmy is God!  Also, he has a tighter band than Nik :)

> Which is sad, really, because I thought I studiously avoided saying
> whether I thought Space Ritual sounded like a load of toss or not

We have to leave room for *any* band to sound like a load of toss, since
even bands that are usually quite good and it within them to sound like
a load of toss, and it behooves us as griping fans to take them to task
for it when they do :)

Cheers,
Carl, who always thought that the true spirit of Hawkwind was
encapsulated in the unlikely miracle of a bunch of wasted freaks making
a hell of a noise that actually sounded pretty cool :)

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
mailto:cea at carlaz.com
http://www.carlaz.com/