No he's not :-)

Stephe lindas1 at ADELPHIA.NET
Fri Jul 22 12:19:43 EDT 2005

> On 22/07/2005 16:08, Stephe wrote:
>> Lemmy is gone. Alan Davey blows Lemmy away. Alan is god. Who cares about
>> Lemmy. He doesn't even play Space rock anymore. Last time I saw him it
>> was
>> so loud it sounded like shit. I bet Space Ritual.net sound better than
>> that.
>
> Well, to each their own! :)  I've enjoyed every Motorhead gig I've ever
> been to, and I've got my tickets for the Cambridge show on this autumn's
> tour (assuming the old bastard lives that long ;)

Well if your a Motorhead fan, then you could appreciate him more. Just like
I do Nik. I did enjoy Motorhead when they weren't the headliners. It wasn't
as loud and I could hear what they were playing easily. Lemmy hasn't played
in HW for 30 years now and its bothersome when folks just say the Lemmy era
was the best. Theres alot of good stuff since then. At least in my opinion.

> Besides, I saw it in a movie that Lemmy is god --it must be true! ;)

Which movie is this?

> That said, I'm not going to dispute Alan being a great bass player; I
> was pretty blown away the first time I saw HW with him.  Though,
> actually, I've never been so impressed as when I saw Alan touring with
> Bedouin.  No one will ever convince me that all the sequenced synth
> stuff in recent Hawkwind is a Good Thing, and I found it even easier to
> appreciate Alan's playing in a more stripped down setting.  Indeed, when
> Bedouin were touring, I thought they were better than HW at the time by
> a long shot.

Thought the same at Hawkfest 02.

> Were I God (instead of Lemmy ;) I'd force HW to ditch the sequencing;
> they could keep the keys/synth player, but they would have to take on a
> dedicated audio-generator/theremin dude :)  The Brock/Davey/Chadwick
> lineup is a great, great core ... it's just the "ornamentation" around
> it that has not always sat right with me.  Also, Dave would have to play
> enormous wah-guitar solos all the time, with "Upside Down" teased or
> encored at every gig ;)

Now that Dave's playing more guitar, I'm looking forward to seeing them
again. I'm not much into sequencing either.
Cheers Stephe