Recent gigs

Tony tony.orourke at TALK21.COM
Fri Jul 22 13:18:53 EDT 2005

I haven't seen them as they haven't played outside the US yet but a number
of UK fans already have and I've heard a few recordings of their recent
shows.  The word up is that the new bassist (Richie Castellano) is
outstanding.  He's originally a six string player and plays a five string
bass like a lead guitar for BOC.  Jules Rodino, the drummer, was trained by
former BOC drummer John Miceli and you can hear it in the pounding he gives
his kit.  He even uses the foot pedal more during Cities on Flame, unlike
Bobby Rondinelli.  The sets haven't changed much although lately they
started playing Career of Evil again.

Here's a set list from a show they did earlier this year.  Possibly the best
show they've done since the new boys arrived on board.

The Jungle Eugene Oregon

01 The Red & The Black
02 Teen Archer
03 Burnin' For You
04 Transmaniacon MC
05 Perfect Water
06 Lips in the Hills
07 Unknown Tongue
08 I Love The Night
09 Flaming Telepaths
10 Cities On Flame
11 Harvest Moon
12 Golden Age of Leather
13 Godzilla
14 The Vigil
15 (Don't Fear) The Reaper
16 Black Blade
17 Hot Rails To Hell

In case you haven't seen it, this is a great place for BOC concert info -
www.hotrails.co.uk.  (It's where I got that set list from!)  It's got
hundreds and hundreds of set lists and loads of other really cool info, such
as interviews with former band members, road crew, etc.  The site owner,
Ralph, loves posting fan gig reviews, particularly the "first time with BOC"
experience.  Send him some reviews, photos, etc.  I'm sure he'd love to hear
from you.

Tony