BOC-L Digest - 22 Jul 2005 - Special issue (#2005-188)

CWarburton at OAG.COM CWarburton at OAG.COM
Mon Jul 25 09:56:04 EDT 2005

>Carl Anderson wrote:
> We have to leave room for *any* band to sound like a load of
> toss, since even bands that are usually quite good and it
> within them to sound like a load of toss, and it behooves us
> as griping fans to take them to task for it when they do :)

Cf. Blue Oyster Cult June 2003 London Astoria
In fact, such a bunch of toss that last year I went to see Nektar
instead...

> Cheers,
> Carl, who always thought that the true spirit of Hawkwind was
> encapsulated in the unlikely miracle of a bunch of wasted
> freaks making a hell of a noise that actually sounded pretty cool :)

I'll second that motion - it also applied (marvellously) to a freaky
jazz combo called S.O.H. when they came to Nottingham (ah, those were
the days...)

ChrisW
NP: Cave In - Tides Of Tomorrow

Chris Warburton
Senior Database Administrator
OAG Worldwide Ltd
Tel:  + 44 (0)1582 695463
Fax: + 44 (0)1582 845695
Mobile: +44 (0)7958 754169
NOTICE: This e-mail is intended for the named recipient(s). It may contain privileged and/or confidential information. If you are not one of the intended recipients, please notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail and attachment(s): you must not copy, distribute, retain or take any action in reliance upon the email or attachment(s). While all reasonable efforts are made to safeguard inbound and outbound e-mails, OAG Worldwide Ltd and its affiliate companies cannot guarantee that attachments are virus-free or are compatible with your systems, and does not accept liability in respect of viruses or computer problems experienced. Thank you.