NIK: HW: Sorry folks, my fault...

Drill drill.0010.1011.1100 at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 25 19:45:51 EDT 2005

> To whoever brought up Lemmy & Hawkestra...Hawkestra wasn't as good as
> predicted because, a. there was little rehearsal, b. the sound was crap in
> the hall and the monitors were very obviously not working right, c. Huw was
> awful, and d. it was too long and had no continuity.

yes, yes it WOULD have been a waste of $1000 to have travelled alone
to Hawkestra!

> And anyway, Motorhead is a great band, and Lemmy is truly God.  :)
> Actually, Motorhead's musical legacy would be a lot better if Lemmy didn't
> crank out so many albums, and therefore refuse to throw out not-up-to-snuff
> tracks that effectively dilute his albums.  If he only released half as many
> albums over the last 30 years, with only the best tracks from successive
> pairs on each, then he'd have made a load of great albums.  But anyway,
> Motorhead has nothing to do with Space Rock, so there's no crime in not
> liking it.  I didn't for quite some time, just because back then (when I was
> 16), I didn't like sloppy music, and Phil Taylor (for instance) was a sloppy
> drummer.

Their concerts are abusive. Always a warpig backdrop for you and they
are always 50 minutes late whilst everyone stands shoulder to shoulder
in a sweaty hall where no re-entry is permitted, and it's true they're
into making the volume so high you can't recognize favorite songs. In
his mr. Bigshot biography I heard he said something to the effect that
Rob Calvert was not a genius...but cannot  get furious until seen
first hand. Also perplexed to see Lemmy schmoozing at a WWF show on
TV. It's good music though, the Motorhead songs I like, as for whole
albums I can play alot I guess there's two perhaps 3, and for me the
most recent stuff I liked was Sacrifice (1995). Like Sacrifice alot
actually, as much as the self titled Motorhead album.

> I don't know anything about Gmail, or whatever that whole discussion was
> about.  I don't have a home (let alone my own computer), and therefore no

Gmail is for commie pinko faggots.

> P.P.P.S.  But the worst ever 'recommended for space/prog types' album has to
> be that White Noise thing...that was unlistenable.

Anthrax?

--
Rotary Clench Mars Human Exchange & Suicide Program

- Kill All Humans