NIK: HW: Sorry folks, my fault (2)

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Tue Jul 26 10:53:21 EDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-07-26 at 10:50 +0100, Maxine Wesley wrote:

> As for - "if you don't like it, don't go!" - i didn't know how dire they would be
> until I witnessed it (at a cost of about £20 inc. travel).. and well - maybe i
> was trying to help others not fall into the trap that they would be getting
> anything other than what, someone else pointed out, was a load of dreg.(not
> to mention the embarrassment of standing next to my big sis while the
> 'dancer' attempted to arouse the crowd in latex - i think she thinks I'm some
> kind of prevert now!!)

To their credit, Space Ritual do allow taping and trading of their
shows, so it's not quite completely a pig in a poke.  If you ask around
(e.g., in the neo-quark Yahoo! group), someone might be able to hook you
up with a recent show.  Of course, this is all a bit late and a bit moot
in your case.  Oh, and it also doesn't warn you about the embarrassment
factor you experienced, unless the recording you get happens to have
picked up the occasional sounds of "Phwoar!" and the rustling of macs
from audience members. ;-)

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu