NIK - Space Ritual

Sun Jul 31 20:44:30 EDT 2005

On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Paul Mather wrote:

> (Personally, I think there probably *is* a niche market in "recreating"
> the early Hawkwind sound, but I suspect Space Ritual lack the
> musicianship[*] and, more importantly, the energy to do it really well.)

> [*] Because people usually want to recreate the myth rather than the
> reality, with rough edges sanded down.

        I don't think that's quite what Space Ritual are doing,
alas. They're trying to recreate Nik's famous peace and flowers version of
the early Hawkwind `vibe', the famous `spirit of Hawkwind' which no-one
else remembers, but are actually playing somewhere between bad slow blanga
and fairly pedestrian reggae... Yours,
                                        Jon
--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."