croydon? Excellent!

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Mon Jun 6 07:55:15 EDT 2005

Sam Kirwan writes:

> Great gig, strange venue.  Had an absolute ball as ever but afterwards one
> thing hit me.  Has the setlist changed much over the last 2 years?  There
> are sooooooo many HW tracks but we seem to be stuck in a groove.  It's a
> groovy groove and I'll dance all night to it but how I miss Levitation,
> Psypower, Uncle Sam, Sputnik Stan, Mutation Zone, Mirror of Illusion - oh I
> could keep going.

> Sword of the East was blinding though last night and so was Paradox/Down
> through the night - whichever it was!! Brainbox Pollution always a welcome
> addition and all hail Mr Chadwick - I could have been still dancing now but
> they stopped - damn.

Matthew Wright's grin was again bigger than his face as he took the
stage to recite "Ten Seconds of Forever".  Psychedelic Warlords isn't
usually a favourite of mine but on Friday it really came across well.
Top billing to "Paradox", "Golden Void/Where Are They Now?" and "Sword
of the East" (now with Space Is Their Palestine style insert).  Weakest
were "Angels of Death" (down near the front the sound was really bad for
the first half and Dave's guitar couldn't be heard) and "Brainbox
Pollution" (same sound problem, though not as bad as for AoD).  I'm also
not sure of the lighter Hammond Organ style insert in Angela Android - I
was just getting used to it as a great new heavy track, but variation
can be a good thing I guess.  All in all a great night and the
band were clearly having fun.

FoFP