OFF: Dream Theater

Tony tony.orourke at TALK21.COM
Sat Jun 18 17:31:43 EDT 2005

I love Dream Theater.  I thought "Train Of Thought" was right up there with
"Awake" and "Images and Words". However the new CD hasn't done much for me
yet.  I suspect it will be a slow burner, like "Staring Into Infinity" which
I love now!  I got tickets to see them in London in October, crappy seats on
the first day they went on sale too!
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of David Kuznick
Sent: 18 June 2005 12:23
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: OFF: Dream Theater

Quoting "Alex S. Garcia" <asg at MVDBASE.COM>:

> Anyone tried the new DT album yet? How is it? I was a bit disappointed by
> their last few CD's, so I'm not sure if I want to buy this...

It's pretty good, not great.  If you didn;t like the last fewm you may not
like
this one much (though it's pretty different).

> How about LaBrie's solo effort? Is that any good? How does it compare to
the
> MullMuzzler albums? (I loved those!)

Yes, those were really good (I liked the first one better though).  I think
his
new solo disc is quite good; as good as the Mullmuzzler discs IMO.

--
David Kuznick   dkuznickATalumni.brandeis.edu
"I am the storm that won't be calmed, I am the calm that follows.