NIK: Space Ritual @ Cambridge Strawberry Fayre

Sun Jun 19 07:51:01 EDT 2005

On Sat, 11 Jun 2005, Trev (Judge) wrote:

> Yet another incisive review by John.
> Yes I have to agree that without Judge Trev's thunder, the Mighty Rider just
> cant cut it lol.
> Oh well...

        That isn't quite what I meant to say; I've seen them do a lot
better than this gig, and Nik also, but he does seem to work best with
another strong personality sharing the front to play off I admit, and in
Space Ritual there's really only Dave Anderson even near that role.

        But hey, Trev, if you wanna do more gigs wioth Nik please don't
let me stop you :-)

> Another bit of news is that Mother of All Bands (Judge Trev and Ron Tree and
> Commander Jim Hawkman) have been offered a deal by Black Widow records in
> Italy.

        This is however excellent news. I gather you're looking for a
drummer :-) But hurrah all the same; I hope you get the chance to make it
go a long way. Is this for the existing _Insect Brain_ or a new album or
both or what? Or am I being too nosey? Yours,
                                              Jon

ObCD: Farflung - _The Belief Module_
--
    Jonathan Jarrett    "There is scarce any tradition or popular error
    Birkbeck College     but stands also delivered by some good author."