OFF: Doctor Who, how was it?

Mike Montfort mikemont at NYCAP.RR.COM
Mon Jun 27 22:02:45 EDT 2005

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Paul Mather
Sent: Monday, June 27, 2005 9:25 PM
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: OFF: Doctor Who, how was it?

On Tue, 2005-06-28 at 02:00 +0200, Alex S. Garcia wrote:
> > > How did the season finale end and what's up with the poorly named "bad
> > > wolf" claptrap they like to allude mysteriously to on the bbc website?
> >
> > Well, there was a regeneration scene at the end, so I guess Christopher
> > Eccleston really isn't coming back for another series...
>
> I'm kinda-sorta happy to hear that. I mean, I'm really enjoying the new
show
> (only seen the three first episodes so far) but don't like Eccleston very
> much. Although I have to admit he's starting to grow on me a bit, but I
still
> think I'd rather see someone else play the part.

I didn't like Eccleston very much in the first couple of episodes,
either, but I have to admit he really grew on me a lot and I'll miss him
not being there for the next series.

To answer the original question YEA the ending was magnificent.  The Bad
Wolf "deus ex machina" was totally undexpeted and the episode spoke to drama
and emotions while still full of amazing CGI of flying Daleks.

I think Mr Tennant has a big set of shoes to step into and I am personally
not sanguine about it, but then again I have not seen him in anything as I
can'g find Casanova anywhere this side of the Atlantic.

However the best Dr Who episodes this year were the two parter The Empty
Child and The Doctor Dances... Now that was amazing writing.