BOC: Review in a Deep Purple review

Drill drill.0010.1011.1100 at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jun 30 15:18:19 EDT 2005

On 6/19/05, Jason Scruton <js3619 at acmenet.net> wrote:
>  From the deep-purple.net website...
>
> What saddens me is the thought that BOC "opened' for Kenny Wayne Sheppard.
> ---------------------------

Motorhead always seems to open for less respectable bands*, like
Scorpion, and Dio, I forget who else. I'd rather make it to Dio's set
by a long shot even though Dio is Dio. At one time I owned two elf
albums, every rainbow album up till the one from 1995 dont know if
there are more. And every Dio album of course, and I know the lyrics
to every Dio song by heart.

Saw BOC at the middle east in boston I think in 99 or 2000, they
weren't playing too hot or bad either, drew in as many people as the
Dresden Dolls (PURE DREK this band) who are touring with NIN this
summer... I wonder if they paid money to do this. They're from Jamaica
plain where the Milky way is along with a phony arts community that
sprang up whenever a bunch of bourgeouis photographers and graphic
designers ganged up with people who buy up property for loft
conversions. None of them went to see Nik Turner & Spaceseed but they
were all there in force for the Dresden Dolls and got a disgusting
picture of them onto the cover of the boston globe magazine that week,
left out on the kitchen table of one of my bourgeoisie neighbors, I
would have liked to know how long they left it there, probably two
weeks. Sleepytime Gorilla Museum opened at that show too.  Oh yeah it
was great more than half the audience left after motorhead finished
opening for scorpion. I don't listen to BOC that much but I really
like Fire of Unknown Origin and Veteran of 1000 Psychic wars is an all
time favorite song.

*KWS NOT implied disrespectable by correlation

--
Rotary Clench Mars Human Exchange & Suicide Program

- Kill All Humans