Philip Dick

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Jun 30 18:13:11 EDT 2005

On Thu, 2005-06-30 at 17:38 -0400, Doug Pearson wrote:
> I haven't seen the
> director's cut (which "corrects" the studio's meddling), so I don't know
> whether or not it touches more on the all-important question (completely
> ignored in the theatrical version): Is Deckard, himself, a replicant?

That controversy swirled even with the original theatrical release.
With the Director's Cut (most notably with the restored unicorn dream
scene), the evidence seems more compelling (oh, and plus the fact that
Ridley Scott stated in an interview that Deckard is a replicant:):

http://www.brmovie.com/FAQs/BR_FAQ_Deck-a-Rep.htm
http://www.answers.com/topic/deckard
etc.

Cheers,