OFF: The Mars Volta and more

SHLL (Scott Heller) shll at HAGEDORN.DK
Fri Mar 4 05:06:38 EST 2005

I have not heard the new one but I saw them live a few years ago and
they were really amazing. It was a total free form jam like feel even
though it was really songs they performed. They have a great interaction
between the musicians. Recent interviews the band have said the new
record wa put together based on improvistation from the previous tours
and they are making music only for themselves and don't care about
whether people like it or get it.

They just played in Sweden and Norway but not denmark (or southern
sweden) so I missed them.... Heard it was a great show in Oslo.

......space rock is alive in Denmark though.. we had a full house for
the debut of the Oresund Space collective last Friday night. We flew out
into space for 3 hours and the people wanted more at 5 in the morning! 2
of every instrument- bass, guitar, drums and synths.... it was fun....

www.oresundspacecollective.com

scott