BRAIN: London gig review

Tony tony.orourke at TALK21.COM
Sat Mar 5 16:18:14 EST 2005

For the vain among us, Albert has posted some of his fan pics over on
Cellsum.  There are pics of all the other European gigs too!
http://www.cellsum.com/100club.htm
Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Carl Edlund Anderson
Sent: 22 February 2005 14:51
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: Re: BRAIN: London gig review

On 22-Feb-2005 13:25, Jon Jarrett wrote:
> On Fri, 18 Feb 2005, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:
>> On 18-Feb-2005 11:54, Jon Jarrett wrote:
>> > I think John Otway probably counts as a
>> > quintessential English tourist attraction for any transatlantic
visitors
>> > :-)
>>
>> Perhaps if we want to destroy English tourism forever :)  Apologies to
>> die hard fans, but as a person who had never encountered John Otway
>> before, he's planted himself firmly in my Top 3 Worst Opening Acts of
>> All Time list.  Whatever you need to appreciate 'im, I clearly ain't got
it!

>         Wow :-) Who's between him and Magic Michael then? (I mean, I
> assume Magic Michael still holds the No. 1 slot... )

I dunno.  It's a tough call ....

The other act I have to place in the top three was some band I saw
opening for Kittie (!) a few years back -- their name, I mercifully
forget.  They had two drummers, two vocalists (I wouldn't dub them
"singers"), a bevy of guitarists, and a bass (at least one).  It was not
entirely clear to me that the band members were always playing the same
song at the same time.  In fact, I would go so far as to say there was
_damn_ little evidence that they were _ever_ playing the same song at
the same time ;)  Boy, did they suck! :)  And if for some perverse
reason they _meant_ it to sound like that, then they double-triple
sucked! :)

Cheers,
Carl

--