OFF: Killing Joke

Mon Mar 7 16:24:04 EST 2005

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Nick Medford wrote:

> Anyway... David Yow, the guy from the Jesus Lizard? They're a band that
> passed me by at the time, but I heard some recently and was cautiously
> impressed. Anyone have any thoughts on them?

        With the Melvins he came over as a man who was losing the fight
with his body to retire but wasn't going to admit it. Full of energy but
out of breath; apparently in shape but going bald ungracefully. I couldn't
really tell you whether he could sing or not, as he was guesting with the
Melvins he kept more or less in style which is to say that he was
guttural, staccato and more or less monotone. But it was quite fun all
the same. Yours,
                 Jon (who fears that he is falling behind with his mail
again)

ObCD: Jimi Hendrix - _First Rays of the New Rising Sun_
--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)