BRAIN: Al's kit

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Mar 10 12:48:26 EST 2005

On 10-Mar-2005 02:38, Albert Bouchard wrote:
> That's easy. I vary my cymbals from gig to gig but my china is always
> the furthest to my right and the cowbell is between my small crash
> (usually a 15) and my hi-hat on my left. Because I brought my cymbals
> with me to Europe and because of the weight restrictions I only used an
> 18 crash on the left, (no small crash) a 20" ride and an 18" crash-ride
> on the right and a small (17") China all the way right.

Ah, nothing like hearing it from the source! Muchas gracias :)

I ask admittedly because I've been trying to learn to think like a
drummer--as much as a non-drummer without easy access to kit can--for
the purposes of making my drum programming suck less :)  I kept trying
to figure out how people arranged their kits, and why, and how that
influences what one might hit, depending on where one's hands are at the
moment.

Cheers,
Carl

--