OFF: Virtual EMS Synthi AKS

Denis Regenbrecht denis at PTI-INC.DE
Sun Mar 13 05:19:57 EST 2005

Hi,

while surfing the net I stumbled over a virtual (and freeware!) version
of EMS's famous AKS synthi (including some add-ons like a virtual EMS
8-octave-filter-bank, oscilloscope and spectroscope). The synth can be
found here:
<http://pcoupriedev.free.fr/indexSynthe.html>
AFAIK the software AKS is only available for the Mac, though.
Now to my question: could anyone who has experience with a _real_ AKS
or VCS3 (Captain Bl at ack, Doug P. ?) compare the software with the real
one and tell what he thinks about the quality of the emulation?

thanks in advane & (c)IAO
                                                D+R
np: Philip Glass, "Akhnaten"