dr. who

Arin Komins akomins at UCHICAGO.EDU
Fri Mar 18 09:19:48 EST 2005

On Thu, 17 Mar 2005, Nick Medford wrote:

:Subject: Re: dr. who
:
:PS Favourite Who adventure: The Talons of Weng Chiang.

heh.  Still one of my alltime scariest stories.  There's just something
about that doll.....

(although I have to rate the Seeds of Doom pretty highly, too, if only
because I still jump 2 feet when the damn krynoid tentacle pops out of the
pod and grabs ahold of poor Keeler.)

I've got friends who range the spectrum in their preferred doctors....most
of my friends seem to like the doctor they started on.  (In my case, that
was Tom Baker...although I also quite like Peter Davison, and Jon Pertwee.
Hartnell annoyed me, Troughton was too comedic, Colin Baker just isn't cut
out to play a hero (although he's been doing a damn fine job in the big
finish audios...oddly), and Sylvester largely reminded me of Troughton.
McGann was great, but suffered under that awful film (although, like
Colin, he's been doing good stuff in the big finish audios.)

I'm anxiously waiting on the new series.

I started in sf fandom with dr. who, so it's kind of like going back to my
roots again ;-)

Arin
(waffling on)
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Assistant Director/ENSS
University of Chicago/NSIT/ENSS                 tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #418    Chicago, IL 60637      fax: (773)702-0559