Stalk-Forest

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Mon Mar 21 22:49:45 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 19:22 -0800, gary shindler wrote:
> I'm pissed off. I got some cash and figured, hey now I'll buy the
> Stalk-Forest CD. Order it from Rhino Handmade. Never see it show up on
> my bank account. Eventually call. They tell me it's on backorder. If
> it doesn't come in within a month I'm SOL. I call a couple of days
> before the month lapses, it's still on backorder and they don't know
> when it will come in. There are 10 other orders in front of mine. I
> don't like being strung out. If they can't sell it to me, why don't
> they &)$#&$()*#in' tell me. Did they do this &$)(#&$)( to you, Albert?
> Or did you get your own copy without the &$)(#&$)#? So, thanks for
> everybody's recommendations and no thanks to Rhino Handmade for
> displeasing a customer. Rant rant rant.

It doesn't make much sense to me for the CD to be on "back order"
because it was a numbered limited edition of 5000 (mine says "1735/5000"
on the CD spine, and I believe I ordered from Rhino Handmade during
prerelease).  Of course, by "back order" they might mean they hope to
get some copies trickle back in via sale or return from distributors or
retailers, but I wouldn't imagine that was very likely to happen.

Unfortunately, with these limited edition deals, you pretty much have to
strike whilst the iron is hot to have a good chance of getting one
easily.

Cheers,

Paul.
e-mail: paul at gromit.dlib.vt.edu