The Last Trump

Doug Pearson jasret at MINDSPRING.COM
Tue Mar 22 18:09:51 EST 2005

On Wed, 2 Mar 2005 15:35:53 GMT, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:

>Eric Siegerman writes:
>
>> On Fri, Feb 25, 2005 at 11:59:13AM -0500, Nick Medford wrote:
>> > Terrific effort Mike, really deserves a wider audience.
>>
>> Well, I've started :-)  It's been forwarded to a few friends &
>> relations already....
>
>Yeah, feel free...
>
>> > Maybe you should
>> > send it off... somewhere... anyone have an idea where?
>>
>> The Onion?
>
>Can't see them publishing something I just did for a lark.

Too late now (although theirs isn't any better than Mike's IMHO) ...

"Now that the whore-beasts and the scum-sucking degenerate rat bastards in
Wall Street and the White House are hell-bent on turning us all into
pliant, Scripture-mewling puppet-slaveys, we must take up Hunter's fallen
colors and charge into the fray," said NGPC president Gene Zolonga, who is
the National Affairs and Shark Hunting Editor for The Philadelphia
Inquirer. "The next four years will be an unprecedented monument to
bestial human ugliness, but I'd sooner let Yakuza thugs strap a rabid
wolverine to my groin than shirk my responsibilities as a gonzo
journalist."

The heavily sweating, speed-frenzied Zolonga then removed a Luger
automatic pistol from his coat and shot the microphone with a deafening
blast.

from http://www.theonion.com/news/index.php?issue=4112&n=3

(NGPC = National Gonzo Press Club)

    -Doug