BOC: Which albums for beginners

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Mar 23 14:07:26 EST 2005

On 23 Mar 2005, at 18:50, Ted Jackson wrote:
> Secret Treaties is pretty much considered their best album.  Their
> first 3 are all uniformly great.

What he said :)  I've never been very happy with the _sound_ on the
first three BOC albums, but the material is fab, particularly on
_Secret Treaties_.  The first 4 (including _Agents of Fortune_, whence
"Reaper") have been released in ye olde "remastered + bonus tracks"
format, and don't break the bank, I think.  I also quite like _Fire of
Unknown Origin_, perhaps best known for having the other "hit"
("Burning for You"), but has a bunch of other great songs as well.

I'm also going to take this opportunity to champion _Imaginos_, which
isn't *really* a proper BOC album, but remains one of my favorite
albums in general :)

Cheers,
Carl

--