BOC: Which albums for beginners

gary shindler bewlay68 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Mar 23 14:09:39 EST 2005

I would say the first three, sure. I would get the
remasters though because there are extra songs and
liner notes by Lenny Kaye, Patti Smith's
guitarist/Nuggets compiler. "On Your Feet Or On Your
Knees" is probably my favorite live album by anybody
so I'd strongly recommend that. If you really like
"Don't Fear the Reaper" you'd probably do okay with
"Agents of Fortune" and "Spectres." "Fire of Unknown
Origin" is good too. When I was in high school I had a
double cassette of "Agents" and "Spectres" that I
listened to constantly. I also wore out "Secret
Treaties."
I'm surprised that one likes Hawkwind before really
getting into BOC but I'm a yank and Hawkwind was only
the band that Lemmy was in before when I was in high
school. Hell, I was probably the only kid in town that
listened to Motorhead because I stalked the
convenience stores for Creem, Circus and Hit Parader.
Rambling... I just recently listened to "Imaginos" and
I don't quite get the album. I know it's thought of
highly, but I find the extra singer distracting and
the remake of "Astronomy" doesn't stand up that well,
to me.