OFF: Summer festivals...some HW: for good measure

Henderson Keith keith.henderson at PSI.CH
Wed Mar 23 15:05:49 EST 2005

Hey Folks...

To update you on the mid-summer Euro-festivals, I offer the following...

So...sadly, the organizer of the KosmosFestival, where Litmus and Mr.
Quimby's Beard were set to perform, became ill to the point that he could no
longer do the job, so it's been cancelled.  Bummer.

Oh, well, the Burg Herzberg fest goes on, and I've written to them to
encourage them to pick up Litmus at least (MQB played there last year, and
it's unusual to have a band play there two years in a row...yeah, I know
Anekdoten played last year, but those that were there to see Hawkwind know
that their set was cut short by 30 minutes by a huge rainstorm, so I imagine
this is a bit of a make up for that).  So, this is not the final lineup,
they'll have a few more bands added on at some point.

On June 9-12, I've decided to head up to Sweden to the Sweden Rock Festival,
where HW played last year, actually.  It's mostly just a bunch of metal
bands (some good ones, some not so good), though Motorhead are playing, as
well as We, the very cool psychy-stoner-metal band from Norway (is it?).

And don't forget Roadburn coming up soon (April 9th in Tilburg, Holland),
with Nik Turner, Litmus, et al.  I'm still hemming and hawing, but will
probably go for it.  Porcupine Tree plays the same theatre/club two days
later, so I'd go to that too probably.  Their new album, with Adrian Belew
guesting, comes out in a week or two, so it will be interesting to see if
they're headed up or down currently.

Have just seen two shows with stoner acts Gas Giant (Copenhagen) and Phased
(Basel)...really good shows and nice guys to hang out with.  Of course,
ScottH. was along for the ride as merchandising king, so nice to talk to him
in person again, and plan out summer activities.  The Oresund Space
Collective is going nicely, and once the Cambridge crew get their
'collective' into shape :), then there should be a large North Sea Space
Collective formed with 20 members or so.  Just a suggestion.  :)

Anybody coming from the US/DE/HD for the Hawkwind dates in May?  I'm poor
now (I'm homeless and jobless as of next week), so I might want to see about
sharing rides/flats/rooms on the tour.

Grakkl (FAA)

P.S.  Those Mars Volta CDs are not bad.  Not sure about the singer's
voice...kindy screechy, but perhaps I'll get used to it (it sounds better in
Spanish).  But the music's cool...lots of variety and interesting
influences.  Tool fans would probably enjoy some of this stuff.

P.P.S.  Hi Karen...nice to hear from you again.  Keep posting.

OK, here's the lineup I promised...

Burg Herzberg - 14-17 July, 2005;  working lineup

Thursday:
Session-Band
Colour Haze
W.I.N.D. (Italy)