OFF: Summer festivals...some HW: for good measure

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Wed Mar 23 15:40:17 EST 2005

On 23 Mar 2005, at 20:05, Henderson Keith wrote:
> On June 9-12, I've decided to head up to Sweden to the Sweden Rock
> Festival,
> where HW played last year, actually.  It's mostly just a bunch of metal
> bands (some good ones, some not so good), though Motorhead are
> playing, as
> well as We, the very cool psychy-stoner-metal band from Norway (is
> it?).

Norway, yes.  I saw We in London, mmm, must be 8 years ago or something
now and they were very good.  I occasionally hear more of their recent
stuff courtesy of the good Mr. Heller :)  Rockin' dudes.

> The Oresund Space
> Collective is going nicely, and once the Cambridge crew get their
> 'collective' into shape :), then there should be a large North Sea
> Space
> Collective formed with 20 members or so.  Just a suggestion.  :)

Ja, well, the "Cambridge crew" would need to expand beyond myself and
Mr. Jarrett's good intentions (though "Mr. Jarrett's Good Intentions"
would be a good name for a synth soundscape instrumental ;)   We would
need a drummer for a start!

I'd be happy just to tempt others into an online collective. (Out of
the basement and into ... the virtual basement!)

> I'm poor now (I'm homeless and jobless as of next week)

But clearly not short on festivals to go too :)  Buy some drums and get
a job in Cambridge (admittedly not the music capital of the world ;)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson