Which albums for beginners

Tony tony.orourke at TALK21.COM
Wed Mar 23 15:43:00 EST 2005

I'd go along with pretty much everything recommended so far, except
Imaginos.  I always thought that to "get" Imaginos, you need to have heard
the first three albums first.  I love Imaginos by the way.

If you can stretch to six, in order of personal preference I would go for
1.  Tyranny and Mutation
2.  Secret Treaties
3.  Blue Oyster Cult
4.  Spectres
5.  On Your Feet Or On Your Knees
6.  Fire Of Unknown Origin (which contains "Veterans of the Psychic Wars" by
Michael Moorcock)

If you buy these six, you'll be so into BOC that you'll want to buy the rest
anyway.  (As a Hawkwind fan, you may also want "Mirrors" which contains "The
Great Sun Jester" with lyrics courtesy of Michael Moorcock".

Tony

-----Original Message-----
From: BOC/Hawkwind Discussion List [mailto:BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET] On
Behalf Of Hawkfan
Sent: 23 March 2005 18:36
To: BOC-L at LISTSERV.ISPNETINC.NET
Subject: BOC: Which albums for beginners

As someone who has heard no BOC except for Don't Fear the Reaper what two or
three albums should I start with to get into them?

Mind you, if someone asked the same question about Hawkwind I'd probably
insist they bought at least a dozen albums to get a fair sampling :-) I
could probably stretch to half a dozen BOC albums if the panel thinks it's
worth it.

JR