Summer festivals... Glastonbury style

Jill Strobridge jill.strobridge at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Wed Mar 23 17:39:34 EST 2005

Woah - I've just been reading the Glastonbury tickets info with
mounting astonishment at the intensifying quality (and quantity) of
restrictions and have to say that this is one festival I've decided
never to visit again.

(official site) http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/  and click
on tickets
(unofficial site)
http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/glastonbury/2005/tickets.shtml

Quite apart from rigorously checking to make sure that the people
you are buying tickets for are who you say they are and that only
debit cards can be used to pay for tickets, personal cheques not
being acceptable etc etc.   -  this time Personal ID will be
required at the gate and the ONLY acceptable forms of this ID will
be:   a new style plastic-card type driving licence (so basically
if you don't drive you don't get in) OR Government Approved Photo
ID such as.... a Citizencard and, guess what, you can apply for one
on-line.

So now I'm confused - is this really a Festival or some new kind of
State Sponsored Detention Camp - it's all rather strange but either
way, it doesn't sound like fun any more.      Glastonbury Festival
requiring Government Approved National ID cards before allowing you
entry.  Who would have thought it?

Ah well - I shall go and raise a glass in celebration of memories -
I guess it's all there is now

cheers
jill