BOC: Which albums for beginners

Carl Edlund Anderson cea at CARLAZ.COM
Thu Mar 24 03:35:47 EST 2005

On 24 Mar 2005, at 04:22, Ivars Doyle wrote:
> After all that, if you don't know Brain Surgeons, you may give them a
> try. The past month I introduced a friend of mine to tBS music. After
> listening to Malpractice he started buying their CDs because "in some
> way they are more BOC than BOC themselves" (his words). Piece of Work
> or
> better Malpractice (since you're a HW fan) are a good place to start.

For a HW fan, Malpractise is indeed the ideal place to start on The
Brain Surgeons, with its covers of "Needle Gun" and "Hassan I Sabha"
(great versions, too).  The Black Hearts of Soul compilation duplicates
one track on _Malpractise_, but otherwise offers a decent collection of
album tracks plus the bonus of a few tracks from the current lineup.

--
Carl Edlund Anderson
http://www.carlaz.com/