Summer festivals... Glastonbury style

Iain Ferguson iainferguson at AOL.COM
Thu Mar 24 04:45:03 EST 2005

Unfortunately

the festival died a long time ago. Infact its been in steady decline
since 1990 when the drugs of choice swiftly moved from Hash & Acid to
Coke & E
The music changed from the site reverberating to dub reggae, which being
a body rhythm enabled you to sleep well. To a blaring 4/4 beat which
just drilled through your cranium, and now no area is safe from the beat.
Since then the vandals, ripoff dealers, thugs & thieves moved it (hey
its easy to nick from tents, a cosh a stoner !!!!!)

It was an eventuality that the "prison" style fence went up and with it
the loss of not only the criminals (no problem there), but they also
rubbed out the only remnants of the old festival, sub cultures &
alternative politics, lifestyles & music that used to give it that
special vibe.
The corporate styling makes you want to choke, and the kind of acts
headlining on that big stage really shows was a media focus, easy
listening, shallow place its become.
I ask you Kylie ? ....what utter shit...

Stopped going a couple of years ago  after I realised that it was just
horrible, Im very sad and angry as it was with out a shadow of a doubt
the best festival in the world for along time, and i feel cheated.

  Woah - I've just been reading the Glastonbury tickets info with