dr. who

Arin Komins akomins at UCHICAGO.EDU
Thu Mar 24 09:02:39 EST 2005

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, Henderson Keith wrote:

:Subject: Re: dr. who
:
:Carl wrote...
:
:>On 23 Mar 2005, at 22:12, Jon Jarrett wrote:
:>I thought Who buffs were supposed to drool over Baker's sidekick?
:>Wossname ... Romana?
:
:Romana No. 1, or Romana No. 2?  I'm sure there were two of them, right?  And
:IIRC, the 2nd one had come straight from the previous episode playing a
:guest role on some strange planet, and then suddenly, she's the companion.
:Very confusing.

Yeah, there were two of them, Mary Tamm (romana 1) and Lalla Ward (romana
2).  Yeah.  I must agree that her introduction was a bit odd...

:I liked Sarah Jane Smith, 'cause she was from Croydon, which is where Mrs.
:Amelia Underwood was from, IIRC.  And plus, she was appropriately goofy and
:campy.

heh.  Sarah Jane Smith always reminded me too much of Lois Lane to really
like her.

Then again, you shouldn't listen to me.  I actually liked Adric ;-)

:P.S.  Is the new Hitchhiker's going to be any good?  Better than the TV
:series, presumably?  (Better 2nd head, anyway.)

meh.  How are they going to top David Dixon as Ford Prefect?  or the
absolutely wonderful Peter Jones as the Book?  They will undoubtedly have
better special effects...although I really liked the book effects from the
miniseries....and I'm not sure I like the pintsized Marvin in the new one.

...but I have high hopes.
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Assistant Director/ENSS
University of Chicago/NSIT/ENSS                 tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #418    Chicago, IL 60637      fax: (773)702-0559