OFF: Summer festivals...some HW: for good measure

Thu Mar 24 16:45:33 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

> Norway, yes.  I saw We in London, mmm, must be 8 years ago or something
> now and they were very good.  I occasionally hear more of their recent
> stuff courtesy of the good Mr. Heller :)  Rockin' dudes.

        Only heard one track of theirs to my knowledge, but it's good.

> > The Oresund Space
> > Collective is going nicely, and once the Cambridge crew get their
> > 'collective' into shape :), then there should be a large North Sea
> > Space
> > Collective formed with 20 members or so.  Just a suggestion.  :)
>
> Ja, well, the "Cambridge crew" would need to expand beyond myself and
> Mr. Jarrett's good intentions (though "Mr. Jarrett's Good Intentions"
> would be a good name for a synth soundscape instrumental ;)   We would
> need a drummer for a start!

        We could probably borrow one from Brighton. Our rehearsals would
likely be occasional enough that it wouldn't matter much :-)

> I'd be happy just to tempt others into an online collective. (Out of
> the basement and into ... the virtual basement!)

        Not even a one-stage plan!

> > I'm poor now (I'm homeless and jobless as of next week)
>
> But clearly not short on festivals to go too :)  Buy some drums and get
> a job in Cambridge (admittedly not the music capital of the world ;)

        Getting a job here easier said than done. I've been trying a while
now... Lomdon as ever seems to hold the future. How very Jerry
Cornelius. Yours,
                  Jon

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)