OFF: Re: Summer festivals... Glastonbury style

Thu Mar 24 16:49:30 EST 2005

On Wed, 23 Mar 2005, Paul Mather wrote:

> BTW, I read recently on the Grauniad that the Tories want to clamp down
> on the Travellers as part of their election manifesto.  Some things
> never change...

        I see the point, but I think on this occasion that's just a
knee-jerk because currently Labour have made themses look stupid by not
having a clear policy on travellers and one lot round Cambridge actually
having a lawyer or two and thus being unusually hard to move. John
Prescott has been in international press being mealy-mouthed about it and
as the unofficial election campaign over here gets up to speed the Tories
have seen a chance to put the boot in and look as they have something
coherent themselves. Yours,
                            Jon (neither one nor the other)

--
                Jonathan Jarrett, Birkbeck College, London
    jjarrett at chiark.greenend.org.uk/ejarr01 at students.bbk.ac.uk
  "As much as the vision of the blind man improves with the rising sun,
       So too does the intelligence of the fool after good advice."
       (Bishop Theodulf of Orleans, late-eight/early-ninth century)