dr. who

Arin Komins akomins at UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Mar 28 09:38:57 EST 2005

On Sat, 26 Mar 2005, Mike Montfort wrote:

:Subject: Re: dr. who
:
:So now it's out.. What did everyone think????

I've only seen the leaked episode so far, but I'm still mulling it over.
I'm not sure I like Eccleston yet....but that will come with time, I'm
sure.

The updates to the Autons were amusing.  Special effects were...well,
updated dr. who standard ;-)  Notable silly effects: the trash
can, the nestene consciousness, and the auton out of control at the
restaurant (and, regrettably, the TARDIS).

Script was snappy, but as Paul M. noted, they packed a lot of punch into a
episode.

IMHO, I would have liked to have seen Rose in one of Clive's photographs
with the Doctor, but no such luck.  The entire Clive sequence was just too
funny.

The new console room almost is a cross between the console room of the
McGann movie and TIM (from the Tomorrow People).  It still has the
quirkiness, though, and I appreciated that.

So are we going to see the Master working with the Autons this time
around (as in the original Pertwee eps?)

Arin
Arin Komins                                   akomins at uchicago.edu
Assistant Director/ENSS
University of Chicago/NSIT/ENSS                 tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #418    Chicago, IL 60637      fax: (773)702-0559