dr. who

Ian Abrahams ian at ABRAHAMSI.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Mar 28 09:50:35 EST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: "Arin Komins" <akomins at UCHICAGO.EDU>

> The updates to the Autons were amusing.  Special effects were...well,
> updated dr. who standard ;-)  Notable silly effects: the trash
> can, the nestene consciousness, and the auton out of control at the
> restaurant (and, regrettably, the TARDIS).

The trash can has gone down very well with the newspaper TV pundits and
reviews have been particularly positive with minor exceptions - for example
today the Daily Mail and the Daily Express both had enthusiastic reviews and
most papers have covered in depth (inc three front pages) the ratings
success - 10.5M viewers on the flash results (usually an understated
number).

I thought the TARDIS looked fabulous, and I liked the visual link to the TV
movie in both the Tardis set and the opening/closing visuals.

> So are we going to see the Master working with the Autons this time
> around (as in the original Pertwee eps?)

Hope not - hope they've thrown out as much continuity baggage as possible,
it's a fresh start for a new young mainstream audience - it's not just for
geeks this time :-)))))

Ian